Friday, August 23, 2013

New Beginnings and New Music

Well, here it is...

The first blog post in almost a decade. I can't believe Blogger actually kept this blog active. When I tried to create a new one, it was all like...PSYCH!
You already have one.

I can't say it made a whole lot of sense at first but hey, less work on my part. Now to explain the whole reason/goal of this blog. I've been told for over a decade that I've known where to find good music and make it available to people through my own personal understanding of "groove". Groove? Why did you just say groove?

I'll tell you why.

Every person in the world has their own "groove". How much that groove appeals to other people is completely random. When you're a child you figure out what you like, what you don't like and you base your personality off of those things you cherish when you get older. The "groove" of which I speak is the natural balance your brain has with music and how that balance can connect with other people. If you're sitting there listening to Moonlight Sonata, there's a very good chance your "groove" is not gonna connect with someone that's listening to Insane Clown Posse.

This blog will feature new music I find almost every week (if I can). I hope I can provide material here which will later become your favorite artists, albums, or even genres.

So with all that out of the way, introduction complete.

Song Review....Initiate!

These are 3 amazing new songs I have found over the past few days.


First on the list: Mr. Bill and Protostar - Asymmetric



This song is simply astounding, the amount of variation...the constant ideas. I really had to search through my archives to try to find something I could relate this to...and honestly? Nothing came close. Blending of glitch hop, neurofunk, and djent guitars...is such an unholy union that feels so right. I have followed Mr. Bill for some time now, and everytime I hear something of his on Soundcloud...there are no words that come to mind. Highly recommended.

Second on the list: Shelter - Two of Us

Amazing. This might be the shortest song of this list but it packs an emotional punch, with an unwavering sub bass...that sucks you right into a black hole of confusion but relaxation. I don't know how I've never heard of Shelter before but he also goes by "Space Laces" (which you can find here). The feelings that might have gone into this song, must have been powerful. It's truly inspiring stuff.

and last but not least: Ugress - Spider Eyes (Spider Man Theme)

Well, I'm always down for a little funkity funk. Nothing sets the mood right more than a couple of swung strings, some sexy jazz flutes, and rhodes (on fire, yo). This is especially awesome. Why, you ask? I was a 90's child...you need not concern yourself further with my love of Sunday morning Marvel cartoons. In fact, I think it's quite self-explanatory. This theme dragged me through the first 10 years of my life with hopes of being a superhero and saving all the hot womenz...nonsense, I was only 12. I wasn't thinking of women, was I? Hell no, I was thinking "Why the hell can't I shoot webs out my hands?" This song is amazing, check it out.

...and this is where I draw my first post to a close. I'll try to update this as much as I can, but you can be sure this is gonna be constant...even if it's one post every two weeks. I have more music than I can possibly hope to share within the next 5 years of my life.

Thanks for reading everyone! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment